Saturday, December 29, 2012

Inside-out Thank You Card/Tag/Bookmarks

I feel so lucky and grateful this year, because I have many students, and many Thank you cards to write. I needed a quick and inexpensive card. I came up with this Inside-out Thank you card because I wrote the message on the envelope, and not the card. The card is a bookmark made from a tag, so it could also be hung from a tree or tacked on a bulletin board.


Inside-out Thank you card/tag/bookmark


Supplies;
Box of 100   4  3/4 inch  x  2  3/8 inch  shipping tags from office max.
A stack of coin envelopes I had from a friend (available at office max)
1 Mr. Huey's color mask
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray in Primrose
Ribbon on hand
Border Punch on hand
Thank You  rubber stamp
Powder Puff Chalk Ink in Tahiti
Tape Runner (Xyron 5" if you have one)


First take the wires out of the tags and put them aside for later craft project. Lightly mist the tags on one side with Color Shine. I wish I was a better photographer and you could see the amazing shimmer that these Heidi Swapp mists have, The colors a beautiful! Try a bottle and you will be hooked.
Step two flip tags over and spray through a Mr. Huey's Mask. (It's a plastic sheet with a pattern cut into it and the color does not go where the plastic is laying. See Heidi Swapp's page for technique video)

Find a quote that you like, print and cut to fit tag. I always go to Quote Garden.com
I wish I had that 5" Xyron for all the sticking of quote to tags, but I just used a tape runner.   After tags are very dry, punch edge. I have an Oriental Trading border punch.  Chalk ink the bottom edge of tag. Cut ribbon in 6" strips and add to finish.
Stamp "Thank You" onto the outside of the coin envelopes and write your message.
Tuck tag into the coin envelope. If you want to mail these out, you must put the coin envelope in a standard size mailing envelope. I have a lot of students that I will see on a daily basis and will be handing these out in the coin envelopes.



No comments:

Post a Comment