Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Halloween Costumes

Here I am as Little Bo Peep. The P.J. bottoms have sheep print on them. I added lace and elastic to bottom of legs. Used a full circle of white cotton and elastic for cap. The sheep I had are lost.





Sixties costumes for a Julia Child's dinner party. Thrift store dress, bag and gloves. My husband is in rummage sale t-shirt, and fake-suede fringe vest. 





Our sweet little dog in a child's extra small tutu. Simply cut of the pant portion, and cut away the tule from the under side of the tutu so it doesn't drag on the ground.

Family outing to Ren-Faire "Historical Day". #1 son in Steam-punk beggar clothes, all from rummage sales. Pants are grey medical scrubs that we cut off and frayed. We cut  the t-shirt and threaded a leather cord through for laces.
I'm in Victorian Downton Abby attire. Most found at re-sale shops over the years.
#2 son in Caesar style toga. I hot glued artificial leaves and grapes to a few green pipe cleaners, and twisted them together for head piece. Used white sheet over white t-shirt fastened in strategic places with safety pins, tied with a gold cord. The best part about this outing (for me) was staying up late and putting these costumes together the night before with my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment