Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Memory Jar

First I would like to say THANK YOU to my friend Elise who asked why I hadn't posted in a while. I had no idea that I had any regular followers because blogger doesn't show me people who signed up to get the blog post as an e-mail?? So, I'm sorry to anyone else! The news is that I have been so busy creating samples for the classes I will be teaching at Michaels this April, and I'm not allowed to post pictures of those.
However, I did make time to do a little home decor for Easter. This project has a sweet memory and story included. The memory jar idea was inspired by an episode of My Craft Channel click here for link to show
Meet "Mr. Peeps".    This adorable little stuffed bird in the jar has magnetic feet, and was given to my son when he was about 5 years old.   He would stick him on something, and who ever found him would move him and stick him on something else.   This game has been going on now for over 14 years!   It's a sweet family memory that I wanted to display for our Easter get together.   "Chickie" is a hopping chick that joined in the game a couple of years after Mr. Peeps' arrival.
To make a memory jar like this, I used a jar that I purchased for a couple of dollars at Goodwill. I added paper grass, made from shredding green paper in a paper shredder. 
I added One artificial flower from the Dollar Store.
I decorated  two standard tags, and  tied them together like a card so that I could write the whole story on the inside of the tags. 
The ribbon is actually white seam binding colored with (click here for link to Heidi Swapp )Color Shone spray (can't get enough of the stuff!) then it's scrunched and dried crinkly. Of course I had to add a bit of bling to the bow as well. 


Thanks again for following me, and leave a comment if you are able.  I'll work on posting more often! -Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment