Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tiny Canvas Frame Accordion Album

This is a project I totally dove into, with items from My Craft Channel Kit of the Month (Echo Park paper and stickers, My Minds Eye embellishments, Miss Caroline baker's twine) and featuring our Grandson.
I had this nice block of uninterrupted quite time at home (rare) and lost  myself in color, paint, and sweet memories.
Front of 4x4 canvas

Inside view- see brass hinges and mini shadow box.
I think it's really cool how the 1/2 inch depth of the little canvas makes a tiny shadow box on the left side. The accordion album is tucked into the right side.

 Materials used;
Two 4x4in Artist Canvas (stretched over wood and pre-gesso primed)
Echo Park papers and embellishments
My Mind's Eye Wood button
3 ft Seam Binding
A bit of Muslin
Acrylic Paint
Green Crepe Paper
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink with Close-To-My-Heart Stamps (that I won from MCC!)
Plaid's Dimensional Magic
 A set of tiny brass hinges
 Quick Quotes chalk ink in Amaretto

If you want to try this at home, learn from my mistakes. The hinges are very difficult to put into the canvas, so ask a handy husband, and do this first, otherwise your album may get damaged while trying to do it afterward. Next time I will just hot glue ribbon as a hinge.
Paint the canvas LAST. It was hard to stamp or stick paper to canvas after the flat surface on the outside had been altered. Make your accordion fold mini album and stick it in first. MCC has a few tutorials on making an accordion fold m ini album- View Melissa Francis, Heidi Swapp, Or Teresa Collins past shows here. mycraftchannel.com/Shows/

1 comment: